I discovered my first ever gray hair this morning! And that at the ripe old age of 30!
To make me feel even older, a friend just emailed me a list of “Things that make you feel old”. It made me want to cry…
Pffft! Not really! I am not scared of getting older. With age come wisdom and in most (well hopefully most) cases maturity.
How many of these things makes you feel old?
1. Windows XP was released TEN years ago, in 2001. (What?! Already?!)
2. The “new” Millennium is more than a decade old. (Feels like the Y2K buzz happened only yesterday)
3. Pierce Brosnan last acted as James Bond 9 years ago. (He was one of my favourite Bonds)
4. It’s been 10 years since 9/11 (Which means it’s been 10 years since I’ve been overseas. Took my first international trip to England two days after 9/11. Feels like yesterday though)
5. The Matrix came out 12 years ago, Keanu Reeves is 46 today. (And not so hot anymore in my opinion)
6. Mother Theresa and Lady Diana have been dead for 14 years. (Hectic!)
7. Macaulay Culkin is 30 today. “Home Alone” came out over 20 years ago. (He’s my age, wow!)
8. Terminator 2 is 20 years old. Edward Furlong who portrayed kid John Connor is 33 now. (He was a creepy kid and is now a creepy grownup)
9. Sean Connery is 80 years old and retired. (Bless his pensioner socks)
10. The youngest Spice Girl is 35, the oldest Backstreet Boy 39, Gwen Stefani is 41, Madonna 52 (And in 30 years they will all be geriatrics!)
11. The first Harry Potter book came out 14 years ago! (And what a phenomenon it’s been)
12. The first season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S was aired 17 years ago! (I can’t imagine my teenage years without my F.R.I.E.N.D.S)
13. ‘Kids’ born in 1993 can legally drive, drink and vote this year. (We have a “kid” at the office who was born in 1991. Now that makes me feel old!)
14. Jurassic Park is older than Justin Bieber. (Jip, he definitely needs a few more years to go before his you know what drops and he becomes a man!)
15. Bryan Adams’ cult song “Summer of 69″ was released 26 years ago. (Now that’s just sad – I have friends that age!)
16. Kids whom you remember in their diapers posting their pics on Facebook. (Case in point, my 18 year old cousin whom I used to babysit. Really can’t believe how quickly she grew up)
17. Facebook has been around for 7 years. (Only 7? Feels like ages!)
So which of the above wants to make you cry?